Friday, February 29, 2008

Day 10: Leh Mulbekh

Monday, 23rd June 2008 : Leh - Pathar Saheb - Lamayuru - FotuLa - NamikaLa - Mulbekh.

Started from Leh pretty late, the target as all said wasn't tough for the day, Kargil, the most famous spot of the last fight India had seen.

Started from Leh around 9:30, First thing, got bike repaired - Thank God, she looks in good condition to ride back home now. Slowly we start,the route is fantastic. I almost ride alone for 150 kms because these guys are always ahead of me. But it was good I took photos liberally,at all places I wanted to. They were riding fast.

I am expecting these snaps to be my trip highlight. The climb of Lamayuru, the moon land, was fantastic. The bottom of valley was visible from the topmost point of climb. I felt these loops were far scary and higher than the famous Gata Loops.

Climb to Fotu-La was also good and so was Namika-La. Had lunch at Mulbekh around 6pm.

Then tried at Jammu And Kashmir tourism guest house. Stayed at Tourist Bunglow.
It is a good location.


Actually, today we started very late and stopped while we have plenty of sunlight left. A lot of sunlight and solo riding today. Enjoyed the day a lot.

Total for the day : 190 kms
Fuel : Rs 300/ - ( 5.5 l)
Night Halt : J & K tourist bunglow, Mulbekh.



Some photos for the day :




































No comments: