Friday, February 29, 2008

Books I have been reading

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho- It needs no introduction I think, almost everybody must have read it. This I guess made the writer, a huge icon, and then it started to bring rest of the writings of the writer to the plane.

Also read Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho. Finished both of them, I think I read Alchemist more than once, at least some parts of it.

Been reading Veronika Decides To Die and left before the end and haven't been able to pick it up again, I think I will have to do the re-reading for some part.

Read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseinei a couple of weeks ago.
Currently reading A Thousand Splendid Sun by the same author. Both are in the same backdrop of Afghanistan for almost 30 yrs starting 1975.

My favorite write, Mitch Albom, by chance I read his book Five People You Meet in Heaven and I became fan of the way he writes. Still have to read his first Tuesdays With Morrie.

In Travel category, my favorites are Outlook Travel Guides, and I do regularly read and secure the copy of Outlook Traveller every month. Still have to start reading Lonely Planet, they are still kind of expensive.

The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma, I think I read it a couple of years ago.

Recently I saw dateline islamabad by a amit baruah I think, but before I could grab that, I saw another one, which I couldn't resist. The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid: Eradicating Poverty Through Profits by CK Prahalad and I hopped on to it. Its a tough one and I think I will at least take a year to finish it.

With that I also got the Times group India Travel Guide.

Along with them, I am also reading Alice in the Wonderland and Adventures of Tom Sawyer along with my daughter, natrrating a chapter a day to her.

Shall keep on updating this list with the ones I have read and am reading...

No comments: