Friday, February 29, 2008

Day 9 - Leh

Saturday, 22 June 2008: Leh - Thiksey - Karu - Hemis - K-Top half way - Leh.

This was a very much required rest day, although we didn't adhere to the complete rest day philosophy, still a better and brightly sunny day.

Both Atul and Haider to leave Leh early tomorrow on their way back via Srinagar. I intend to atlast do K-Top . Lets see if i can do it today, also i think we will have to go separately. Me going a day behind them may be. I don't want to do that although.

So,I tried to do K Top , but my bike was having major problems. The rear brake was almost gone and if you don't know how dangerous it is to ride on hills with only the front brake. Well, I don't need any medal neither am I gonna get any. So I climb down from midway, directly go to a bike mechanic. Get the rear brake toned properly. Now it actually feels too tight, but may be it is just my feel.

These guys have already been to Leh Palace and now I meet them near Shey Gompa. Later we go to Thiksey monastery. The day was leisurely spent.

One thing I would like to tell all, never get into the hands of travel agents for your permits. Or at least, not with smaller ones, who act like touts. My permit was actually, just my name added to an earlier permit of few people and taken a photocopy. I didn't like this at all and would mot recommend this to anyone.

Night 10:30 pm : Plan is to leave from Leh tomorrow morning.
Monday Leh-Kargil
Tuesday Kargil-Srinagar
Wednesday Srinagar-Pathankot
Thursday Pathankot-Chandigarh
Friday Chandigarh-Delhi

Total for the day : 106 kms



Some photos for the day :






Beautiful moment, colors captured just outside the town.




























Wonderful Leh view point, I stopped around 4 kms ahead of it and then back tracked my route. Actually it was getting very risky on those heights with only front brake working.























Previous Home Next

No comments: